Tuesday, July 27, 2010


I love Pink. I think she’s so cool because she has this tough kickass persona, but her lyrics are so deep, relatable, REAL! She sang the below song on Oprah which she wrote about her breakup with her on/off/on-again love Carey Hart. What she said before she sang resonated with me because it was so true..and I had heard the same thing in a church sermon about the “20 Non-Negotiables in a Partner” . We make these lists of all the things our significant other must have, but WAIT…do we ourselves possess these qualities? I have often thought this about myself, after looking at my list. Pink said the same. Her dad had told her..”You want all these things..make sure you have them yourself!” She said she was so busy looking at her husband’s flaws that she realized she was ignoring or in denial about her own. The love that the couple have is real and strong and was still there though throughout their split. After this realization that neither of them were perfect, BUT both were willing to work together to be better people for each other and most importantly themselves they got back together. I love their story not because it is perfect, but because it is real…and REAL LOVE is the kind that lasts…..

I feel like when you know the back story these words become more meaningful, and her voice is so raw you can feel her emotions! Love it!

I Don't Believe You lyrics
By: P!NK
I don't mind it, I don't mind at all
It's like you're the swing set, and I'm the kid that falls
It's like the way we fight, the times I've cried
We come to blows and every night
The passion's there, so it's got to be right, right?

No, I don't believe you
When you say don't come around here no more
I won't remind you
You said we wouldn't be apart

No, I don't believe you
When you say you don't need me anymore
So don't pretend to
Not love me at all

I don't mind it, I still don't mind at all
It's like one of those bad dreams when you can't wake up
Looks like you've given up, you've had enough
But I want more, no, I wont' stop
'Cause I just know you'll come around, right?

No, I don't believe you
When you say don't come around here no more
I won't remind you
You said we wouldn't be apart

No, I don't believe you
When you say you don't need me anymore
So don't pretend to
Not love me at all

Just don't stand there and watch me fall
'Cause I, 'cause I still don't mind at all

It's like the way we fight, the times I've cried
We come to blows and every night
The passion's there
So it's got to be right, right?

No, I don't believe you
When you say don't come around here no more
I won't remind you
You said we wouldn't be apart

No, I don't believe you
When you say you don't need me anymore
So don't pretend to
Not love me at all
Oh, I don't believe

No comments:

Post a Comment